Re: Dock Apps packaging, round 2

>> Josselin Mouette <josselin.mouette@ens-lyon.org> writes:

 > While this shouldn't be a limit for what we package, we can't
 > increase its size indefinitely. This one of the reasons why the gnome
 > applets were put in a single package.

 I doubt that's really the case.  gnome-applets is a single package
 upstream[0] and it has little duplication.  I'd be *extremely* annoyed
 if asclock suddendly gets replaced by asclock + pclock + wmtime + ...
 because I use asclock.  On a multiuser system it makes sense to have
 all the others installed, but ignoring border cases, normal people have
 one clock on the desktop at most, so single user systems don't need
 more than package with one clock in it.

 [0] http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/gnome-applets; I'm sure there's a
     much better link elsewhere, but this serves the point.

--
Marcelo             | "In a word -- im-possible!"  "That's two words,"
mmagallo@debian.org | said Dibbler.