Re: Make python2.2 the python default

On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 12:52:33AM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> Anthony Towns writes:
> > > Are these then going to propogate into testing in the normal manner (all
> > > dependencies met, no conflicts, no bugs etc)?
> > > I hope so :-)
> >
> > Ha. Haha. Hahahahahaha.
> >
> > (You're going to have to get _everything_ that has a "python-<foo>"
> > all in sync, including everything it depends on, with no RC bugs all at
> > the same time, and keep it that way for a week... Well, it's not quite that
> > bad, but it's close)

I realise that, I just wanted to make sure there were no special plans to
hold it back from testing.

> That's the price we have to be able use /usr/bin/python, not the
> versioned binary :-(

This is also the benefit... it can't go into testing until it's ready.

I think it would be possible for an updated python to drop into testing with
a handful of python-<foo> packages holding them back... just file an RC bug
against them saying they need to be upgraded, they vanish from testing, and
the updated stuff drops in.

ABO: finger abo@minkirri.apana.org.au for more info, including pgp key