Re: Dock Apps packaging, round 2

Le sam 24/08/2002 à 00:40, Jesus Climent a écrit :

> The main difference is that gnome-applets does not contain 30 clocks, 20
> network status applets, 35 battery status applets... while OTOH your
> package system will end up in a complete set of clocks... to use 1 or
> not at the end.

gnome-applets contains 5 clocks, I'm proposing 7.

> I would go, in any case, for a set of complete dockapps, keeping 1 or 2
> of the different areas, but not more.

The problem is that the perfect dockapp for every task doesn't exist.
Also, you should have read after the "dockapps-clock" proposal, because
the other proposed bundles are like what you describe.
Still, you pointed that there are too many clocks, and I have to agree
with that.

> Or even a metapackage which lets you select from different clocks/net
> status apps/battery status/... and installs the ones you select.
>
> Could be text based, or using a graphical frontend

Well, with screenshots of the dockapps running, this could be nice,
indeed.