Re: RFC: OpenLDAP and TLS/SSL

Tore Anderson wrote:
> As far as I know, exim is the only package with priority: important that
> depend on libldap2. Howevery, the basic configuration generated by exim's
> postinst doesn't use the LDAP functionality (AFAIK). So, I think exim
> should be fixed so that it doesn't depend on libldap2 anymore.

How about moving postfix to priority important and exim to optional? :)
LDAP support in postfix is already split off into a separate package.
The postfix package still depends on postfix-ldap though. I suppose that
dependency was added to prevent breaking LDAP support on upgrades. Now
that woody is released, couldn't that dependency be dropped?

/me runs

Roland

--
Roland Bauerschmidt