Re: When bind9 reinstalls, no db.root

Marc Singer <elf@buici.com> writes:

> Without a single example, I don't see how installing a configuration
> file where there is none can have *any* affect on the system.
> Admittedly, replacing a configuration file may be undesirable.

There might be (and surely are) programs, that will, given the lack of
a config file, use their compiled-in defaults. So the installation of
a config file will change the configuration of the program, unless the
installed config file contains just the (also compiled-in) defaults.

Regards, Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Dru@ICQ        | 118634484@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
http://www.8ung.at/rotty | GnuPG Key: http://www.8ung.at/rotty/gpg.asc