Re: When bind9 reinstalls, no db.root

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 10:04:28PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

> > > If the default configuration data in the file do something you don't want.
> >
> > For example...
>
> I don't know, but I know plenty of default configuration files that set
> something up. Maybe "dangerous" is a bit extreme choice of words, but the
> negative effect isn't implausible.

Without a single example, I don't see how installing a configuration
file where there is none can have *any* affect on the system.
Admittedly, replacing a configuration file may be undesirable.

Moreover, in this case, db.root is not really a configuration file.
It is more like a library.  If I ask for a package to be reinstalled,
most users will expect all of the programs and libraries to be
installed.

Are you sure you agree that db.root should not be reinstalled with
bind's programs?