Re: png2/3 problem apparently successfully solved with -Bsymbolic

On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 23:56, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Luca Barbieri wrote:
> > >
> > > Are you mad? What happens if the ELF format or gnu upstream start using that
> > > value for something else?
> > We notify them of the problem.
> > Furthermore the patch can be immediately sent to the glibc maintainers.
>
> This is sort of like asking your wife if she did not like the new color you
> paint*ed* the entire house with.
But that field has at least 32 bits and anyway there are other place
where extensions could be put so it's just a matter of having them put
the extension in another place.

So yes, it is equivalent to declaring ownership of bit 0 of the
DT_SYMBOLIC value but I don't think this will piss anyone off especially
given the comment from GNU endorsing an extension like this.