Re: png2/3 problem apparently successfully solved with -Bsymbolic

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Luca Barbieri wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 23:28, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Luca Barbieri wrote:
> > > Why?
> > > Can't we just use it in Debian?
> >
> > Are you mad? What happens if the ELF format or gnu upstream start using that
> > value for something else?
> We notify them of the problem.
> Furthermore the patch can be immediately sent to the glibc maintainers.

This is sort of like asking your wife if she did not like the new color you
paint*ed* the entire house with.

I have nothing against writing the patches and proposing them upstream, mind
you.  I don't think we should be _deploying_ it before upstream accepts
them, though.

  Henrique Holschuh