Re: png2/3 problem apparently successfully solved with -Bsymbolic

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Luca Barbieri wrote:
> Why?
> Can't we just use it in Debian?

Are you mad? What happens if the ELF format or gnu upstream start using that
value for something else?

Do it upstream, or don't do it.  We also want the other distros to follow
whatever proper fix we make to the png (and other libraries causing such
trouble, such as libsasl and probably libldap in the future) if such a thing
is possible.

  Henrique Holschuh