Re: png2/3 problem apparently successfully solved with -Bsymbolic

On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 23:02, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Luca Barbieri wrote:
> > Apparently the "different interpretation" is what I was assuming the
> > current one.
>
> Yeah, I was in a severe headache for a while because I too knew about the
> old interpretation apparently.
>
> > How about the implementing the GNU extension?
>
> It would be useful, yes.  But I think it is completely out of the
> possibilities for the near future -- you need to get it upstream, and let it
> deploy first.
Why?
Can't we just use it in Debian?
If we do it by using the tag associated with DT_SYMBOLIC it will be
completely compatible.

Libraries using it will be treated like normal -Bsymbolic ones on
non-Debian glibc systems (the user can tell the difference with
readelf).