Re: Are libtool .la files in non-dev library packages bugs?

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 10:43:58AM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>
> >  I beg your pardon?  Which naiveness?  That particular bit of libtool
> >  solves a very real problem: dlopen is *not* portable.
>
> Careful here, dlopen is defined by SUSv2, all the libtool hackage is does
> is allow OS's to get away with not conforming to SUSv2 for longer :<

It also supports platforms which do not have shared libraries. I
didn't think SuSv2 actually required them (can't see anything that
does, references welcome).

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK