RFA: ifenslave -- Attach and detach slave interfaces to a bonding device.

Package: wnpp
Version: N/A; reported 2002-08-20
Severity: normal

I request an adopter for the ifenslave package.
The package description is:
 This is a tool to attach and detach slave network interfaces to a bonding
 device. A bonding device will act like a normal Ethernet network device to
 the kernel, but will send out the packets via the slave devices using a simple
 round-robin scheduler. This allows for simple load-balancing, identical to
 "channel bonding" or "trunking" techniques used in switches.
 .
 The kernel must have support for bonding devices for ifenslave to be useful.

The problem is that ifenslave depends on kernel headers. I'd like
someone more experienced with working with kernel headers to take over
this package.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
Architecture: i386
Kernel: Linux haplo 2.4.19-ac4 #1 Tue Aug 6 09:51:40 CEST 2002 i686
Locale: LANG=nl_NL, LC_CTYPE=nl_NL

-- no debconf information