Re: Are libtool .la files in non-dev library packages bugs?

#include <hallo.h>
* Roberto Gordo Saez [Tue, Aug 20 2002, 02:01:44PM]:
> > A wild guess: I don't know about the files named lib*.la, but the other
> > ones could be plug-ins.  ltdl opens the .la file to find out the actual
>
> Yes, you are right, but... why does a plugin need both .so and .la files?

Because of naivity of some programers. I suggest to begin getting rid of
such kludges and forbid usage of .la files at runtimer in the Policy for
Sarge.

Yes, that would hit KDE stuff, ltld and librep but the .la insanity must
be stoped. Here. Now. SuSE and Redhat do not care, they prefer
recompiling the whole stuff just to change the library version. We
should not follow bad examples.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Lieber ein Pinguin, der läuft, als ein Fenster, das hängt.