Re: list of valid distributions in Debian changelog file.

Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> Hi,  What are the currently valid distribution to which we can make
> uploads to?
>
> debian-changelog-mode.el currently allows the user to set the
> distribution field for an upload to multiple distributions, e.g.
>
> xwatch (2.11-8) frozen unstable; urgency=low
>
> The list of possibilities is currently set to:

The following are very bad and likely not to work properly with katie
and the SRM, hence, I guess that it would make sense to not include
them directly:

>   stable unstable
>   stable frozen
>   stable frozen unstable

Additionally, for security we have:

   oldstable-security
   stable-security
   testing-security

However, I'd like people to upload through the security team so we
don't suffer from broken distributions or broken versions when working
on a security problem.  Yes, such things happen, way too often,
unfortunately.  Hence, it may be wise to add these only as a comment
in some document but not in the actual debian-changelog-mode.

Regards,

	Joey

--
GNU GPL: "The source will be with you... always."