Re: GCC 3.2 transition

    Eduard> And do we know this? Why not trying to talk with other
    Eduard> distributors to try to coordinate our efforts. When they are too
    Eduard> arogant and continue doing cludges, then we can put this in the
    Eduard> Debian-FAQ as their fault.

They won't give a damn on this.  Most distributions actually cannot be
"upgraded".  When you use Redhat 7.2, you are stuck to the libraries of 7.2.
When you use Redhat 7.3, you replace every programs, libraries, etc. to the
new version.  There is nothing as a halfly 7.2 and halfly 7.3 system.  In
other words, other distributions won't have any incentive to find a scheme
to encode their so names in a strange new format that nobody used before.
Good luck to everybody trying to convince them adding a -3.2 into the
soname.

Regards,
Isaac.