Re: GCC 3.2 transition

On Sat, Aug 17, 2002 at 10:34:24AM +0200, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> >> Sean 'Shaleh' Perry <shalehperry@attbi.com> writes:
>
>  > or do a staging in experimental or somewhere else.  Upload everything
>  > there, let people look at it for a day or two then move it over.

>  is probably upwards biased).  This would represent a 2% increase in the
>  number of packages (1 GB increase in the archive size? 400 kB average
>  size for a library package?  Sounds ok, we have some pretty large

1 GB*12 active archs in unstable == 12GB.  Doesn't sound OK to take the debian
mirror from ~60GB to ~72GB.  Unless you are volunteering to buy 4 terabytes
of disk space for our mirrors...

Now, if we just did a subset of libraries that we have actual examples
of being needed, that might be something to consider.  We probably won't
know what these libraries are until they stop working for people in
sarge, however...

--
Ryan Murray, Debian Developer (rmurray@cyberhqz.com, rmurray@debian.org)
The opinions expressed here are my own.