Re: Move to Python 2.2

On Aug 13, Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
> I read in DWN that the plan was to skip 2.2 and omve from default == 2.1
> to default == 2.3
>
> I would just like to mention that the current plan is for PythonLabs to
> develop the cutting-edge version (2.3 and one day 3000) and let
> www.python-in-business.org help maintain python 2.2 aka python-in-a-tie
> aka the one python businesses will garantee to run with and support.

Python 2.3 will be the stable version by the end of the year,
according to PythonLabs' release schedule; no plausible sarge release
schedule has Debian 3.1 even frozen (much less released) by then.

See PEP 283: http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0283.html

> Just in case that would make any difference...

It would if sarge were targeted for a November release.  Sarge isn't.

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@phy.olemiss.edu> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/

Computer Systems Manager, Physics and Astronomy, Univ. of Mississippi
125B Lewis Hall - 662-915-5765