Re: RFD: Architecture field being retarded? [was: How to specify architectures *not* to be built?]

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 11:14:58AM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> Say you install bochs on alpha.  If bochs provides i386, then this would tell
> dpkg that it is ok to install i386 binaries in the host.

As I said, more work is needed here, for instance to ensure that
bochs can trasparently run i386 binaries on non-i386, and also
to ensure that the native binaries still receive priority.

However, this is outside the scope of this proposal, so lets
keep the topic on focus.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>