Re: db1/glibc debacle

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 01:37:21PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> If unpacking everything and running objdump is the way to go, that's
> the way to go. At the very least libc6 should Conflict: with all the
> packages it breaks outright to help make sure people's systems don't
> unpredictably break when people do partial upgrades.

Note that Lintian is designed to have exactly this capability.
Is the lintian-on-the-archive site still running somewhere?
http://lintian.debian.org/ says "Last updated: Tue, 9 Apr 2002
22:08:21 GMT" and it's targeted to woody.  It shouldn't be
difficult to set up a Lintian laboratory for unstable, and
after that a single grep will tell you what you want to know.

(Of course, you could do the unpacking directly, yourself, it's
just that using Lintian would be my path of least resistance.)

Richard Braakman