Re: DBS feature request vs dpkg-source v2

On Wed, 2002-08-07 at 19:22, Brian May wrote:

> Ideally, I want to make the transition as easy as possible from dbs to
> dpkg-source v2 once it comes out of being experimental. So I do not want
> to add new features to dbs that may make this transition harder because
> they are not supported by dpkg-source v2.

dpkg-source v2's feature set is, generally speaking, a superset of that
provided by dbs.  If you're using straight dbs, the only thing you'll
have to do when converting to v2 is to make a real 'clean' target.  DBS
puts everything in a 'build-tree', and its clean target just 'rm -rf's
that.

Anyways, the specific feature that was being requested (automatically
detecting tarballs/zip files that don't unpack into a single directory,
and handling them sanely) is already part of dpkg-source v2.