Re: To hack or not to hack

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 10:24:25AM +1000, Brian May wrote:
> I am not clear how I should deal with bug #155576.
>
> amavisd-new upstream now recommend a new procedure for using exim with
> amavisd-new. The old procedure is no longer recommended.
>
> However, the new procedure does not work with the old version of exim
> that is in Debian.
>
> So I have been asked to include a copy of the old README.exim, as
> I was told that procedure still worked. See bug #154318.
>
> Now, in bug #155576 I have been told that the new procedure does not
> work without a minor modification to the amavis code.
>
> ... A modification that would get lost if the package is upgraded.

2nd thoughts, I may have misunderstood the bug report here.

It may be possible to put this modification in amavisd.conf, and it
will override the value in /usr/sbin/amavisd.

Which is not quite as bad, but still it makes me nervous.

I can't test the exim version either, I use postfix ;-).

--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>