Bug#153894: ITP: postman -- High performace web based IMAP and NNTP client
Version: N/A; reported 2002-07-22
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
* Package name : postman
Version : 1.12
Upstream Author : José Agustín López Bueno <Agustin.Lopez@uv.es>
* URL : http://www.uv.es/postman/
* License : BSD like, included at the bottom of the message
Description : High performace web based IMAP and NNTP client
Postman is a full featured IMAP and NNTP client written in C and C++ at the
Computer Science Service of the University of Valencia.
The system has two components, a small cgi program called from the web and a
dedicated daemon that controls the connections to the IMAP and NNTP servers
for each user session. Designed with high performance in mind, supports
hundreds of concurrent user sessions without problems.
Postman is skinable, has multilanguage support and uses simple HTML
Besides, the client allows searching and sorting in mailboxes, send and
receive multiple attatchments, the use of multiple mailboxes per user and
the definition of user addressbooks and signatures (using DB files instead
of a full DBMS as other WebMail clients do).
* Copyright (c) 2000 University of Valencia. All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in
* the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
* 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this
* software must display the following acknowledgment:
* "This product includes software developed by the University
* of Valencia."
* 4. The names "Postman" must not be used to endorse or promote products
* derived from this software without prior written permission.
* 5. Redistributions of any form whatsoever must retain the following
* "This product includes software developed by the University of Valencia"
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
* PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL ITS CONTRIBUTORS
* BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
* SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT
* NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
* LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
* HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT,
* STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
* ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED
* OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com