Re: Christian Marillat, once again

On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 02:17:57PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG scribbled:
> Marek Habersack <grendel@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Note one thing (this is the remark I was referring to above) - it is not
> > always possible to preserve some settings merely because they might cease to
> > exist in the newer packages or they might've changed their meaning and
> > the effect on the package they have.
>
> Of course this is true; if the exceptions are where it isn't logically
> meaningful, then of course there is no upgrade.
If you take a closer look at the GNOME2 packages you will notice that many
options went away and, I suppose, it's a hard thing to migrate the packages.

> I have never used a version of gnome-terminal that did not have a font
> configuration option, but this is now like the fourth time I've had to
> go reconfigure the damn thing since I started using Christian's gnome
> packages.
I've never liked gnome-terminal very much but I also noticed, running it
from time to time to test how things behave there, that there indeed are
problems with the upgrades in that respect...

> And the current font selector for gnome-terminal is *less* functional
> than the old one, worse yet.
Yes, I can but agree on that one... I miss the option (always can resort to
gtkfontsel, though) of selecting fonts using the full spec.

regards,
marek