Re: Debian on Cobalt Qube

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 18:08, Alan James wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 10:58:28PM +0100, Alan James wrote:
> > I'd like to see an i386 or something in the name if its not too late to
> > change it. I suppose if the architecture rule is set, I at least wont see
> > it when I apt-cache search on the Qube2.
>
> I spoke too soon.
>
> borgcube:/home/alan# apt-cache search cobalt
> kernel-patch-2.4-cobalt - Kernel patch for Cobalt(Sun) Linux servers (RaQ
> and Qube)
>
> It is available to mips users. Can that be fixed ?

I think that as a general rule kernel patches should be architecture
independant to allow cross-compilation.  Also the patch in question has quite
a few things other than the bare cobalt functionality (I stick as close as
reasonably possible to what Sun ships).

However I could easily add the MIPS patch into my package, it might be the
easiest way to solve this.