Re: [OT] Norsk nb/nn (was: Wishlist for woody+1)

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 04:08:28PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

> > > Let me know when one variant of English starts doing s/i?je/e/ on a huge
> > > amount of words...
> >
> > Brittish english does s/.:r/.:/ on huge amount of (USA english) words,
> > while Cockney does s/h// and s/t/'/ almost everywhere (where ' is glottal stop)
> > (I asumed you want parallel examples, not exactly the one you mentioned)
>
> If I understood your regexp correctly, those examples aren't parallel...?

Those were just an examples - the very close parallel is
vijesti vs. vesti compared with /nju:z/ vs. /nu:z/

Anyway, as already said, this is OT to debian-devel, so I suggest
to either end this discussion or move it to debian-wisdom (Reply-To
set up accordingly)