Re: looking for a TeX guy to (help to) package PassiveTeX

From: christophe barbé <christophe.barbe.ml@online.fr>
Subject: Re: looking for a TeX guy to (help to) package PassiveTeX
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 22:32:29 -0400

> Take an adequate xml file, for example the doc source of xmlto
>
> $ cd doc
> $ xmlto pdf xmlto.xml
>
> And see what happen ...

It stopped with the message

! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [hash size=10000].

From: "Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar@debian.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 23:16:46 -0400 (EDT)

> xmltex convers XML Formatting Objects (FO) into PDF via TeX.  This problem
> seems to occur with any file used as input.  I don't believe this is a
> packaging problem though I would not rule that out.  What happens is some
> internal resource limit of TeX is getting exhausted.  The last lines of
> the log usually say something like:
>
>   TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [pool size=67470].
>   If you really absolutely need more capacity,
>   you can ask a wizard to enlarge me.

Please try the following:

create /etc/texmf/texmf.d/90xml with the contents

---------------------------
pool_size = 250000
hash_extra = 20000
---------------------------

and run "update-texmf" (I assume you use the latest tetex-bin).

In case of the doc source of xmlto, the problem of internal
resource limit of TeX didn't happen, but it still failed like

---------------------------
   End Grabbed content
   <5:flow
       0:flow-name = "xsl-region-body"  >
! Missing \endcsname inserted.
<to be read again>
                   \Odd:
l.2 ...ntent><fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
                                                  <fo:block><fo:block text-a...

?
! Emergency stop.

It seems that some auxiliary/converted files might be wrong
but I couldn't find the files in the current directory nor /tmp
How can I restore such files? or is this already enough for you?

> Passivetex is the only DFSG-free FO processor out there.

I see, I wish I could help you in any way.

Best regards,		   2002.6.19

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima