Re: OT: Mailscanner

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 09:56:32AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 01:55:19PM +1000, David Findlay wrote:
> > Would it be possible for the list server to use something like Mailscanner
> > and SpamAssassin to drop all the spam?
>
> I was under the impression we *did* use spamassassin. There was simply a
> bug that let some of the spamassassin-tagged mail through rather than
> dropping it.

...and I thought we *only* tagged mails with spamassassin, and did not
actually discard any automatically, because no one is willing to
volunteer to moderate a submission queue to the Debian lists.  (The idea
being you don't want to automatically /dev/null *all*
spamassassin-tagged mail because of the rare false positive.)

Listmaster, who's right?  Or are Colin and I both wrong?  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     "Why do we have to hide from the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      police, Daddy?"