Re: MY INHERITANCE

Michael Stone <mstone@debian.org> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 05:21:11PM -0500, Alex Lau wrote:
> > Should we send this to FBI?
>
> Well I'll tell you what you shouldn't do--that's quote a spam and send
> the whole damn thing back to a mailing list.

Incidentally, I wrote a letter to the Department of Justice about the
various permutations on the Nigerian scam that keep hitting my mail
box.

They replied with two letters: one, a short time after my letter,
saying that it's essentially not worthy of prosecution, but that I
should report it to my local FBI office if I wanted.

And then, a few months later, a much more serious letter saying that
these scams are the subject of ongoing investigation, that my
particular evidence would probably not be necessary, and that I should
rest assured that the scams are being prosecuted.

Clearly something happened in between the two. :)

Thomas