Re: How to get dpkg to remove directories?

In linux.debian.devel, you wrote:

>> Hmm, never seen that, but probably never tried it, either. Wichert, is
>> dpkg really special casing files under /etc/ that way? (Don't answer, I
>> guess I need to go read the bugreports.)
>
> dpkg has no special casing. The fact that files in /etc should be
> conffiles is dictated by Debian policy, dpkg just implements the
> conffile mechanism used.

Hmm.  All my testing shows that dpkg --remove will not remove
files under /etc even if they're not listed in debian/conffiles.

I've built packages with no debian/conffiles at all, and when I
do a remove, files under /etc stay and the others get removed.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Either CONFESS now or
                                  at               we go to "PEOPLE'S COURT"!!