Re: XML Catalogs

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 10:47:07PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> > Reading you, It sounds like a xsltproc bug (it should do the
> > translation URL-> local_file but I see nothing in
> > docbook-xsl-stylesheets that looks  like a catalog. And I would expect a
> > general solution.
>
> For now we don't have xml catalog :
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-sgml/2002/debian-sgml-200206/msg00000.html

Sounds good.

> You should hack the xml file to remove URI by local file (I do that for
> the GNOME 2 packages) with :
>
> find -name *.xml -exec perl -i -pe 's/http:\/\/www.oasis-open.org\/docbook\/xml\/4.1.2\/docbookx.dtd/\/usr\/share\/sgml\/docbook\/dtd\/xml\/4.1.2\/docbookx.dtd/' {} \;

I have done that for dtd URLs and xsl URLs. But the gphoto2
documentation use features introduced after the release 1.51 of
docbook-xsl-stylesheets. I don't know if there is a good reason why we
still have 1.40. Nobody told me if 1.40 is supposed to be more stable
than 1.51 or something like that. As I understand it, the development
seems linear and we should track the last release.

Thanks,
Christophe