XML Catalogs

Hi Mark, Adam, Nicolas and all,

docbook-xsl-stylesheets : Mark Johnson <mrj@debian.org>
docbook-xml : Adam Di Carlo <aph@debian.org>
xsltproc : Nicolás Lichtmaier <nick@debian.org>

I am the maintener of a package (gphoto2) using xmlto (from Tim Waugh
from RedHat) to build its documentation. In the xmlto software (that I
will eventually ITP) and in the xml source file, there are a lot of url
for dtd and xsl files. When I try to build the documentation all these
files are fetched from the web. This is not good for a debian package
building process so I could replaced all xsl file urls to the path
pointing to the file in the docbook-xsl-stylesheets and docbook-xml
packages and it will eventually succeed but as I understand it this is
not the correct way to do it.
Tim told me that these url should be automagically processed and
replaced by local file by what he call "XML Catalogs".

I am missing something or these "XML Catalogs" is not yet available in
Sid ?

Also Mark, apparently I need the xsl file version 1.51 to compile
correctly the documentation. In sid we have 1.40. I can't find on the
web site if 1.51 is to be considered a stable release (compared to
1.40), have you some info on this regard ? Do you plan to upgrade your
package with 1.51 ?

Thanks,
Christophe

As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat.
--Ellen Perry Berkeley