Re: This is how packaging should be done.

* Jeremiah Mahler (jmahler@pacbell.net) wrote:

> This is obviously false. I (probably others) are competent enough
> to fix bugs and create new packages. I do not consider myself equal
> in skills to that of a package maintainer, but I still have the
> ability to make worthwhile contributions.

File a bug report against the package with a patch which will take some
of the load off of the maintainer (thus making it more likely the
maintainer will take care of the package) and which can be used in the
event that an NMU needs to be done because the maintainer is not
available.  That is a very worthwhile contribution and is certainly
possible and appropriate for Debian and the existing system we have in
place.

	Stephen