Re: Wish: Unfreeze Woody and start anew

On Sun, 2002-06-09 at 01:18, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

>     Steve> This is not a contest; Debian is about providing the best
>     Steve> Free Operating System that we can make, not just about
>     Steve> market share.
>
> Folks, new users, new maintainers: The keyword here is 'the best'!
>
> Historically, Debian GNU/Linux have NEVER 'cared', 'bothered' (etc)
> with what USERS want. Debian GNU/Linux is not for the users. It is
> FOR the system administrator(s), BY the system administrator(s). We
> make this system for OUR use, not for the USER. Debian GNU/Linux is
> not (and have never been) directed to the 'home market'.

Not a good concept to separate USERS & Users. While I personally believe
Debian is for everyone regardless of programming capabilities, the
Social Contract seems to support my view.

"Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software

We will be guided by the needs of our users and the free-software
community. We will place their interests first in our priorities. We
will support the needs of our users for operation in many different
kinds of computing environment."

BTW, I don't need a sys admin on my network, small home office x 2.

--
Greg C. Madden
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0