Re: 2.4.18-686 freezes on a Dell Inspiron 4100 (but not 2.4.18-bf2.4)

#include <hallo.h>
Rodrigo Moya wrote on Thu Jun 06, 2002 um 10:35:55PM:

> > (I did try both the command line- and lilo.conf options)
> >
> you have to disable it in the kernel. At least, I had to. That is, if
> you've got SMP enabled in your kernel, LOCAL_APIC is automatically
> enabled, whether you enter the append="" stuff or not.

Uhm, what? I am talking about the bf2.4 kernel. It has no SMP support,
but local-apic-on-uniprocessors support. And this can be disabled by
"noapic", AFAIK.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs
I am a signature virus. Distribute me until the bitter