Re: SuSE, Caldera, Connectiva and TurboLinux to do a new distribution togerther?

On Fri, 2002-05-31 at 13:07, Wilmer van der Gaast wrote:
> Jan-Hendrik Palic@lists.debian-devel@Fri, 31 May 2002 17:53:06 +0200:
> >  His question was, after testing the konqueror, whether it is possible to
> >  deinstall all the kde stuff, and I said yes, typed "apt-get --purge
> >  remove .*kde.*", and all KDE packages were removed. He could not believe
> >  it, too.
> >
> Hmm... Now that's not the neatest solution, I think. What if kde also
> installed qt? qt doesn't match .*kde.*.. Maybe you should take a look at
> debfoster.

Recent versions of aptitude automatically keep track of which packages
were installed as dependencies, and then automatically remove them if
you remove the package that depended on them.

In other words, aptitude rocks; use it.