Re: Woody release - WHAT is current status

#include <hallo.h>
Wichert Akkerman wrote on Wed May 29, 2002 um 11:22:55PM:

> The answer to your question has been posted on debian-devel already.

Maybe in lots of small parts, and I do not read each message. That is
why I request readable status mails, easy to find.

> > Sorry, but my impression say, you and most of FTP maintainers and
> > security team are MIA, having holidays, whatever. If this is not the
> > case, then why cannot we, lame unworthy outsiders, get some information
> > about such complicated and time consuming tasks you have to do before
> > the release?
>
> The buildd and ftpmaster folks are working on modifications to support
> autobuilding of security updates. The dak part is apparently mostly done
> and work is progressing on the buildd part.

Interessting. But does this really need _seven_ weeks? This is the time
passed since the first announcement mentioning May 1st. That the release
would come soon was even known some weeks before. And when the
development of needed infrastructure needs such amount of time
(something I cannot believe), then you must admit that responsible
people have been just careless.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs
I am a signature virus. Distribute me until the bitter