Re: command -v in postinsts violating policy

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 06:09:50AM -0700, Jim Lynch wrote:
> Or you could call it debconf... oops, that name is already taken...
>
> Point being: maybe the functionality belongs to debconf. If that's
> the case, it's time for you to talk to joeyh.

May be, even if I've allways looked at Debconf as a tool for asking question
to users.

> There are so many different things done to configure packages,
> that it will take you awhile to discover them all. I suggest
> maybe that's the first task, and to do it, you will of course
> be looking at every postinst and prerm scripts in debian.

Of course it will not be easy, but i've a starting point.

> (why prerm? you do want to cover package deconfiguration, yes?)

Why not..

ciao,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][A-Za-z\-]*[iy]'\?s$ | as fine or rude sentences have