Re: Antigen found HTML/MimeExploit.IFRAME (CA(InoculateIT),CA(Vet)) v irus

On Wed, 29 May 2002 13:33, ANTIGEN_EXCHANGE2 wrote:
> **THIS IS AN AUTOMATED NOTIFICATION, DO NOT REPLY***
>
> Hello debian-devel ,
>
> An email entitled "Background" was sent to Blizzard Entertainment from your
> email account.

No of course it wasn't.  As every remotely intelligent person knows there are
a few viruses running loose that send email with random addresses in the
From: field.  Anti-virus software written by idiots then complains to that
address instead of the owner of the IP address.

> One of the files, Unknown, was infected with
> HTML/MimeExploit.IFRAME (CA(InoculateIT),CA(Vet)) and has been Purged.
>
> Please scan your PC thoroughly for viruses and send your email again.
> Thank you!

Please think before installing stupid software that spams the net.

I've added blizzard.com to my spam filter and to that of several clients.  I
encourage everyone else to do the same.  If you wish to reply to this message
do not use a @blizzard.com address.

Listmaster, can blizzard.com be blocked from sending future mail to the list?