Re: Wishlist for woody+1

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 02:41:40AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 01:30:17AM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> > George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> immo vero scripsit:
> > > otherwise use the defaults, provided by debian/rules file.
> > I am thinking, is it possible to have a rebuildability check
> > before installing into an archive ?
>
> It would probably be a lot of trouble. Is there any reason to do it
> that way, rather than to have something doing automatic rebuilding and
> have someone file bugs if/when it fails?

Because we'll only have more problems going forward with people building
packages in an incorrect build environment. The only way to avoid that
is to autobuild *everything*. (The "easy mechanism for locally building
architecture-optimized packages" is giving me nightmares, along with
external apt sources, testing/unstable version skew, etc.)

--
Mike Stone