Re: Wishlist for woody+1

On Sun, 26 May 2002, Anthony Towns wrote:

> On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 02:29:15AM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> > On 26 May 2002, Brian May wrote:
> > >   - 0 bugs in BTS.
> > All 25000+ bugs closed?  Yeah, right, that'll happen.
>
> That's an underestimate. We have roughly 100 new bugs opened a day,
> so if we were to release in six months, say, we'd have to close 18,000
> additional bugs or so, or 43,000. Which is to say we'd have to close
> bugs at about 240% of the rate we currently do, without increasing the
> rate at which we file bugs.

You might want to recalculate things.

I have my index generator turned off, and I run it manually every so often.
It gives me how many new bugs, and how many archived bugs, it has scanned
since the last run.

   Archived: 2768
    Changed: 1302
        New: 2156

So, we have more bugs being archived(an indication of bugs being closed) than
we do have new bugs being filed.  And, it's by a wide margin.

(Changed bugs mean some kind of status change, either a new mail to the bug,
severity, subject, etc).