Re: Wishlist for woody+1

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 02:29:15AM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> On 26 May 2002, Brian May wrote:
> >   - 0 bugs in BTS.
> All 25000+ bugs closed?  Yeah, right, that'll happen.

That's an underestimate. We have roughly 100 new bugs opened a day,
so if we were to release in six months, say, we'd have to close 18,000
additional bugs or so, or 43,000. Which is to say we'd have to close
bugs at about 240% of the rate we currently do, without increasing the
rate at which we file bugs.

And of course, the latter's certain to happen anyway if we get serious
about the "don't modify conffiles" rule (which Manoj was toying with a
month ago), or "rebuildability of arch:all and arch:i386" which Junichi's
already started filing bugs for, or converting to gcc 3.1 as the default
compiler collection, or switching to the new versions of automake and
autoconf which we put off for woody, or... (Although some of this forms
part of the 100 bugs/day statistic anyway, but you get the idea)

Cheers,
aj

     ``BAM! Science triumphs again!''
                    -- http://www.angryflower.com/vegeta.gif