Re: CPU specific/optimized Debian builds ?

Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> You should be able to use pentium-builder package and
> pbuilder together to build athlon-optimized Debian,
> for example. But I have not gotten that far yet.
> I'm making a very slow progress...

Does anyone know if gcc 3.0 has some sort of config file in /etc that
can be used to force compile options like processor and optimizations?
IIRC, some other distribution had such a thing, and it's really better
than the hackish pentium-builder to do it that way.

--
see shy jo