Re: hurd does NOT need /hurd

Jeroen Dekkers@lists.debian-devel@Wed, 22 May 2002 13:27:42 +0200:
>  I think firewalls are useless things. I think that restricting people
>  with all kinds of security mechanisms is wrong too. But that's just me.

Probably because you live in an ideal world where you can trust
everybody and nobody would even think about exploiting/abusing a system
for spamming/viruses or whatever..

Unfortunately, this ideal world doesn't exist, so some things have to be
protected.

--
| lintux : :'  :  lintux.cx |  |       Today's random quote:       |