Re: <joke/>Debian secure by default (was Re: hurd does NOT need /hurd)

On May/21, Niels Möller wrote:

> But my point was that, *by default*, the X server listens to tcp

	IIRC, that's not true. The debconf script of xserver-xfree86 (or
something alike; some package in the base set for XFree86, in any case) tells
you at install that you must add "-listen tcp" in case that you want to use X
that way, because by default it comes with "-nolisten tcp".

	But I may be wrong. I don't trust my memory very much r:-) And I'm
speaking of i386; I don't know if you (by your comments after this) are only
speaking of non-i386 architectures O:-m

--
Roberto Suarez Soto					Alfa21 Outsourcing
    robe@alfa21.com				     http://www.alfa21.com