Re: hurd does NOT need /hurd

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 08:41:54PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Santiago Vila wrote:
> > The directory /hurd is not "new" because it is the directory that has
> > always been used for the purpose it's currently being used.
>
> So you're saying that anytime I find a peice of software that predates
> Debian or the FHS, I can just let it install into /usr/local or /etc/
> or /hurd or whatever it's always used? Cool. Will keep that in mind.

No, he's saying that if it was written from scratch using that path
then you can just let it install there.

Time to go and write some new and pointless application that installs
into /FLONK/FLONK/FLONK/FLONK/FLONK.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK