Re: Woody / Stable

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 10:19:54AM -0400, Bob Hilliard woke up, and decided to spew forth:
> Jim Lynch <jwl@debian.org> writes:
>
> > To put it bluntly, I don't think you should have made the "debian will
> > ship May 1" announcement, since debian does not make such announcements.
>
>      aj has been taking a lot of heat for a lack of transparency.  In
> this case he made a good faith effort to keep the community informed.
> I think it is unreasonable to attack him now for too much transparency.

I don't think he was being attacked, more along the lines of pointing
out where all the hubub and confusion stemmed from. I surely do not and
have not meant any of my comments as attacks. Admittedly, hindsight is
20/20 when it comes to words I've spoken. (There are a lot of postings
I've made that I wish i had done in different veins since from the
commentaries returned, I've been misunderstood and my comments have not
helped that idea.)

I also don't believe he should be attacked, though I don't believe this
was meant that way. Mayhaps, AJ suffered from the same as many of us do.
When you are used to doing somethign one way (the lack of transparency)
and then attempt to do something a different way (attempting to provide
that transparency), we go overboard in the attempt to do right.

Just a thought.

---
David D.W. Downey <david-downey@codecastle.com>
Upstream - libpam-pgsql.codecastle.com
Debian - Woody: 0.5.2-3 Sid: 0.5.2-5
State - bugs.debian.org/libpam-pgsql
"The price of Free Software is Eternal Literacy."

"I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees."
		Deloris Clayborn