Re: ITP: monit -- A utility for monitoring and managing daemons or similar programs.

* Erich Schubert <erich@debian.org> [020521 13:40]:
> > * Package name    : monit
> >   Description     : A utility for monitoring and managing daemons or
> > 		    similar programs.
>
> How is monit related to daemontools? (i.e. what can daemontools do, what
> monit cannot) and how mature and performant is it?
> Can it maybe even be used to replace init?

It's not an init replacement it is more a mon[1] replacement.
I have used it alot and find it mature and worth packaging.
The list of features in my ITP tells you basicly what it does.

[1] http://www.kernel.org/software/mon/

--
./fs, http://www.stone.nu/