Re: HURD/Linux/BSD* ... Loosing focus.

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 12:45:30PM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:
> Going by my experience to date I would suggest independent releases with
> different release managers.  IMHO, this would make life a lot easier.
> 1.  0.1 could be released for the Hurd and *BSD and not compromise the
> high standard of the GNU/Linux releases.
> 2.  The release manager could be someone familiar with the particular
> platform.

This really isn't particularly dependent on the "new kernel/libc" issue.
People intimately familiar with all new architectures are necessary. I'm
tempted to strike out the word "new", actually. See the "Ports" section
in http://www.debian.org/intro/organization.

Cheers,
aj

     ``BAM! Science triumphs again!''