Re: Filing Hurd-porting patches in the BTS or upstream? (was: where do...)

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 01:02:27PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> > > "5 years from now everyone will be running
> > > free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"
> > >
> > >               Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992
> >
> > Did you pick this tagline on purpose, or was it random?
>
> I took it long before this discussion was started. You can find logs
> somewhere.
>
> considering the date, my reference is obviously ironical (ten years
> later - everyone is running nonfree windows on their 386)

Ten years later, the GNU kernel doesn't even run on a SPARC..  ;)

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>              Goldfish don't bounce

But X will do that to a man.  Imagine what it's like, not being able to
browse "XXX" sites without being reminded of the latest chipset driver
bugs.
        -- Richard Braakman