Re: HURD/Linux/BSD* ... Loosing focus.

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 02:19:18PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Michael Stone <mstone@debian.org> writes:
> > Instead of the hand-wringing, could you provide some concrete examples
> > of cases where the Debian organization has forced hurd to abandon a
> > technical enhancement, so we could discuss some factual material?
>
> Why?  This hasn't happened, Jeff didn't say it happened, and

Then I guess we're all agreed. Good. (I must have made a mistake in
assuming that he "ask[ed] whether we will allow" hurd development
because he thought that we did not.)

> NONE OF IT IS RELEVANT ON THIS MAILING LIST.

Then why are you still posting? More importantly, what list should one
use to respond to a criticism of the debian development process? The
issues raised touch on debian's development of linux, *bsd, and hurd--so
it seems that this is appropriate for a list whose charter covers
"Development of Debian", and not any third-party or port-specific list.

--
Mike Stone